Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, glad to join. finally have a garage to work out of. Plan on fixin my 72 chevy. I guess step 1 gut. Any suggestions on what comes of first and follows.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Welcome, I have a 70. My feeling or advice? I can only tell you my way of doing Chevelle's. I drive mine. No rotisserie no 5-10 years on jacks. Make it a driver and drive it! Might be in primer, but I am enjoying the car. Life's too short to garage it for multiple years. Mine is a runner and I love jumping into it whenever I want.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Welcome to the site.
As Dave mentioned drive it if you can and do a different project / improvement each year.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Welcome to TC, LD----:D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Greetings from Arizona
Every thing depends on condition of your car. If it is mechanicaly sound,
drive it and do your projects as you can afford it, My 69 Camaro got done in 12 years...never driving it untill almost done..never again. now I make them road worthy, and upgrade things as I can afford to. My 68 Malibu ,(owned 4 years) is good driver, last year it got disc beakes and new PST bushings, upgraded to 15 inch tires, next project is 350 Trans to get rid of powergluide. someday paint and body, then interior. all my cars are driven weekly. up to 100 to 200 mile trips for sure. Calif soon jay

PS: make a plan for what you'd like to do in long term!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts