Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to convert my 68 ss to an HEI distributer. Should I have full voltage to the distributer, or use the resistor wire that origianlly went to the coil?

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
you need full voltage to the hei .. don't use the stock resistor wire.. that white covered one with the red tracer is not used with the hei or you'll only be running 8 volts to the hei .. couple of ways to go ... untape the stock harness to the firewall & replace the resistor wire with normal wire & retape or just run a seperate wire from a switched source on the fuse box ..be sure to insulate the wire where it pass's thru the firewill you don't want a short in the hei's power wire

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I wouldn't ...... if you don't know how to take the wire out the the firewall junction block... you've got two choise's go to junkyard & pratice on one there once the block is apart theres a little tang you use a paper clip to release the spade from the inside of the block its on the wire blade on the side just press the paper clip in from the front on the side of the spade while pulling it out from rear ... or just run anther wire... don't cause a bottle neck in the power wire by splicing resistor wire to normal wire ... you'll end up with a problem down the road ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts