Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would like a GM HEI dist. but it's to big to fit on your Rat Motor without adjusting the firewall.
Welllllll. How about a GM HEI (all GM parts) built on the small Chev. dist. Interested?
Well it's being built. I have seen it. Stock cap, and all parts are GM. Can't give you the name of the shop that's building them yet, but very soon. It's super for those who want to keep your car stock but want to get rid of those dam points. Chapter 2 soon????

------------------

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
PerTronix makes one of the best, if not the best and easiest to install electronic conversion units for stock point type distributors which lets you retain your original distributor without any modification to the dist. It will be hard to beat.

------------------

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
Sounds good let me know the details when you can . I thought about theb pertronics but would like to know more about this thanks mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dean, is your Chevelle a big block? I have seen The GM HEI on 69 big blocks and they are very tight. If yours is a big block, have you changed something to gain the room?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 67 that I just put a BB in. One of my concerns was that I may have clearance problems with my GM HEI. I was pleased to discover that I have room to spare.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Patrick, I just went for a Ignitor since HEI will not fit with a tripower. I would've preferred the HEI because I'm familiar with it. By the way, my '67 came with HEI ( 396) and there is ample room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.