Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering the new mallory direct plug in for my 72 chevelle. Im going to get an msd 6a also?How does the msd hook into the distributer?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the difference between Mallorys HEI distributer and Mallorys race HEI distibuter with lock out vacuum advance and lock out mechanical advance. Its only $20 more.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I'm not familiar with Mallory products other than what I've seen in the store. Any particular reason that you want to mix brands on your ignition? Most guys just use same brand box as distributor. On a street car you will probably want the vaccum advance and will need to recurve the mechanical to suit your vehicle. They will all 'run' out of the box, just be prepared to 'tune' them to get optimum performance. They come with instructions on how to tune.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I think he's saying that you should use an MSD box with an MSD distributor.

Don't worry about that. The HEI triggers the MSD just fine. Just bypass the module.

I'm not familiar with Mallory's distributors, but MSD has simple instructions for just about anything you'll want to hook it up to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts