Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 454 engine in a 69 SS Chevelle, I have Hedman headers with Merlin heads, AC r44ts plugs. I cannot get the wire off of the header pipe. Is there a good type of plug wire for the HEI that will give me a 90 or 135 degree bend out there?

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
I run the 8.5mm Super conductors. Big block with onyl 1 3/4" header tubes. The spark plug end has nice 135* boots and clear my headres just fine. The wire retainer clips wouldn't harness these big wires easily, so my wire routing looks like total crap. BUT, they don't get burned!

-MSD has a good parametric layout of their supply line. They list the motor, the kind of ignition, plug angle...

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BB_Mike:
I run the 8.5mm Super conductors. Big block with onyl 1 3/4" header tubes. The spark plug end has nice 135* boots and clear my headres just fine. The wire retainer clips wouldn't harness these big wires easily, so my wire routing looks like total crap. BUT, they don't get burned!

-MSD has a good parametric layout of their supply line. They list the motor, the kind of ignition, plug angle...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You your car looks nice.

·
Premium Member
15,836 Posts
Taylor 8mm spiral core with the 135 ends should do ya.

------------------
Gene Chaas
Gold Member 62/ACES 3112
67 SS 427
"Be big. Be a builder."

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the Accel Extreme 9000 series of sparkplug wires there is a set that has bendable boots.They are universal fit so you can cut them to fit your particular needs. Summit has them under part # ACC-9003. Jegs has them under part # 110-9003.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts