Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I talked to the original owner of my 72 Heavy regarding info etc. He told me the car came with an all rubber floor mat, Heavy stripes, a tan interior with a black dash among other things. He bought it off the lot. Interestingly, he definately remembers the car came with the chrome [stainless?] wheel trim moldings. He bought it off the lot and prior to this conversation I did not think they came with any stainless trim. I've heard that dealers would do almost anything back then and he confirmed this. He said that he traded in his 68 SS [family on the way-fast car days were over] but that the dealer let him put the SS wheels on the Heavy and they put the Heavy wheels on the 68 for resale. Thus, my Heavy actually came off the lot with 68 SS wheels, Crazy, huh?
He sold the car in 1982 with 39,000 on the odo for $2,100. He was glad to hear from me as he thought the car had been junked long ago.
Get this--he said he's going to send me a few pics for my restoration album
Anyone who needs more info on Heavys, can feel free to e-mail me..
Michael

G

·
BillK kas a heavy chevy sitting in his garage, bought it brand new, 350, 3 speed car painted that strange burnt orange color.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Wally, That color is called Flame Orange Metallic.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017

·
Registered
233 Posts
Michael,
How did you get in touch with the original owner.I have been trying to do a title search on my Chevelle with no luck.Any ideas?email me.Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,090 Posts
Leo,
The color was Burnt Orange Metallic acording to my factory brochure !
Bill

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
OK Bill, I'm not going to argue with an original owner, I was going by a posting on the Md Chevelle Club site about Chuck Greason's car. The site is accessible through Team Chevelle's Home page. Look at the members cars page.

------------------
Leo Paugh

·
Super Moderator
13,090 Posts
Leo,
Chuck's car is a 72, mine is a 71. I am going to get the books out, maybe the 72 color was called Flame Orange metallic. It was slightly different than the 71 color. The 71 color leaned more towards brown than orange.

By the way Mike, mine came with trim rings . I dont know if maybe the dealer installed them, but they were on the car when I bought it in 71.

Mr Bill

[This message has been edited by BillK (edited 05-26-99).]

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Bill, I saw a yellow one at a place that sells resto and used Chevelle parts near the track in Dinwiddie,Va, but it was soooo rusty it was about gone.

------------------
Leo Paugh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.