Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heater wont blow hot air

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  markbig69 
#1 ·
Here goes, I replaced my ac/heater controls bout a month back, and I noticed yesterday that the heater wont work, I ran all the cables where they are supposed to go, but I don't know exactly where all the hoses go, if anybody has any idea I would be very appreciative.

MarkBig69

#2 ·
First, be sure you don't have one of the vacum actuated diaphrams in-line with the heater core lines. If you do, be sure it has vacuum, or not, accordingly.

There is a MAIN deflector piece just inside the fire wall entrance hole. The flap has two controller type diaphrams. With no vacuum you get little velocity and mostly cowl air, with some heater core blow by. With one or the other diaphram "activated" the flap either lets air come straight from the fire wall hole into the next deflector (face/foot/deftrost), or it'll divert it to flow to/through the heator core and coninue on to just the floor or the defrost. i.e. no heat to the dash ducts.

You could just have a vacuum leak and crap wont happen at all.

If you have A/C with dash ducts (like me), pop off the box that deflects air to the different dash ducts. Just 4 screws and behind it is the MAIN deflector I spoke of.

-good luck.

There is all the issue of cowl versus reserculated air.

-I've reverse engineered the whole freakin' thing!

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.2 @ 86.8mph
1/4: 12.7 @ 107.8mph (1.93 sixty foot)
--have pulled a 1.85 sixty foot (before street tires or course).
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

[This message has been edited by BB_Mike (edited 09-17-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.