Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reinstalling the wiring in my car. For the heater blower motor, I know I need a heater resistor if I want different blower speeds but do I need a heater relay or is that just for cars with A/C?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The relay is part of the circuit so that all that current that runs through the blower motor on the "high" setting does not go through the switch.
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. My wiring diagrams do not show the relay and how it is wired. I guess that's my next issue.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
I am reinstalling the wiring in my car. For the heater blower motor, I know I need a heater resistor if I want different blower speeds but do I need a heater relay or is that just for cars with A/C?
The relay is only present and wired in for A/C cars. The relay is needed for "HI" as the A/C blower motor draws more current then it's HEAT only blower counter-part. If you have a non-a/c car, there is NO hi-speed relay or associated wiring.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joe and Wayne for the replies. You guys are the best!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.