Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t use my heater and want to clean up the engine bay a bit. Want to get rid of two hoses, one goes from the radiator to the firewall into the heater core and the other is coming from the heater core to the intake (see below). Can I just remove these hoses and plug the intake and the radiator spots? I’ll be removing the heater core so not worried about that location on the firewall.
Tire Vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Or you could do this so if you ever want heat or you sell the car they can add it on. It is a 1969 Big Block Camaro heater core and cover box - direct bolt in. Basically moves the hose outlets over 10 inches. As you can see from you big block they hoses get in the way and if you have tall valve covers even worse. Just cap up the hose ends and you are done. I think the new box might even cover your old holes.

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you could do this so if you ever want heat or you sell the car they can add it on. It is a 1969 Big Block Camaro heater core and cover box - direct bolt in. Basically moves the hose outlets over 10 inches. As you can see from you big block they hoses get in the way and if you have tall valve covers even worse. Just cap up the hose ends and you are done. I think the new box might even cover your old holes.

View attachment 740102
That’s badass, bro! Thank you, never knew there was such a thing. I think I’ll do that instead.you don’t happen to have the website info on the box?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think I got it from Rick Camaro or Ecklers Camaro. You need to specify for the 1969 BBC Camaro heater core par t # 33-180048-1 and heater core cover box part # 33-324531-1 and they also sell the firewall gasket. On the heater core you might call and find out if they have a cheaper aluminum one. The core clips are #33-246800-1. Look at Ricks / Ecklers site you will see photos.

That’s badass, bro! Thank you, never knew there was such a thing. I think I’ll do that instead.you don’t happen to have the website info on the box?

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I think I got it from Rick Camaro or Ecklers Camaro. You need to specify for the 1969 BBC Camaro heater core par t # 33-180048-1 and heater core cover box part # 33-324531-1 and they also sell the firewall gasket. On the heater core you might call and find out if they have a cheaper aluminum one. The core clips are #33-246800-1. Look at Ricks / Ecklers site you will see photos.
Lew would you know if that work on my 67 Chevelle ?
the Heat Core Unit / Cover Box / Gasket / Clips ??

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
look in your AIM under RPO C48 and see how GM did it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts