Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a restoration on a -70 Malibu with a 350 & TH350. I would very much appreciate if someone could enlighten my on the transmission cooling lines, fuel line and heater lines. The way they are routed, where they are attached to the body etc.

A digital picture would be the best or an internet address. All the previous lines are worthless and offer no help.

Thanks
Panu

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a few pics of the engine compartment of my SS on my site, but none of my hoses and lines are original. The stock fuel line was routed along the inside of the passenger side frame rail, fastened with clips that screwed into the frame. The tranny cooler lines ran along side the block and right by the motor mount before connecting to the radiator. The heater hoses were fastened to the right inner fender with a special clamp. Your best bet is to probably purchase new stainless steel lines from a company such as National Parts Depot. My father got a stainless brakeline kit from them, and besides the fact that they sent us the lines for a 70, which differ slightly then the ones on his 71, we were pleased with the quality, The shiny lines underneath really look good. True, stainless is pretty expensive, but you spend the money now and your fuel, brake, and tranny lines will look great forever, with no fear of them rusting through. As far as I know, the stainless kits are computer bent to exacting specifications so they will look and fit just like the original lines.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Columbia University
New York, NY.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

·
Registered
368 Posts
panu
A good investment is a Factory Assembly Manual. These run about $20 and can be purchased from many of the Chevelle suppliers (OPG, Year One, etc.) Answers many questions for those who are shooting for originality.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Registered
258 Posts
I totally agree with Fred. The Factory Assembly manual is an absolute must for any restoration. I could not have put my car back together without it.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.