Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed in the past but I thought that I would mention it again with all the new members that we get. has anyone seen a 1969 chevelle with an original heater delete. I know that any if not most would have to come from hawaii. I spoke with a seller on ebay that had some advertised for a 66-67 chevelle and he said that the pieces that fit to the firewall were the same up to 72 but that the piece that fits to the dash would be more difficult to find. If anyone has a plate I would like to get an outline of the pieces to make 1 myself. someone friend from the yenko site sent me some pics of a 69 yenko chevelle with the deletes. I was wondering what the dash would look like? the reason that I ask is that the car had the astro ventilation balls(at least on the pass. side). If anyone has any info they would like to share I'd appreciate it. I thought that I had seen a part # in the assembly manual for a heater delete. thanx

------------------
1969 SS 396

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Heater/defroster delete was not permitted in the continental USA. Hawaii and the territories could get it. Not sure when this went into effect. It is still in the US Federal safety rules ( I read up on some of this last year). Of course, at some point it would be such a low volume option that it would not even be offered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.