Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably more than a couple ways to do this, but what is the correct way to remove and replace the heater core in my 71SS?? No air cond. The article I printed from the archives, that I cant remember where I put right now, I think said it is removed from inside the car. A friend who has a 72 said I can do it from under the hood, as long as I have the inner fender out, which I do right now. Which is correct?? Does the blower box have to come out, or do I do it from under the dash?? Has anyone done this?? Thanks, John

·
Registered
548 Posts
The bolts that hold the blower box on the out side also hold the housing on the inside where the core is.No need to remove the box on the outside just inside.Have fun...FRED

·
Registered
29 Posts
John:
Just to add to fred's reply: the heater core is on the INSIDE of the car under the dash. You don't NEED to remove the blower box but as long as you have everything apart it is probably not a bad idea to pull the box, change the gaskets, and clean all the junk out from the assembly (there will probably be puddles of antifreeze as well if the core has been leaking). You can also check for rust and spray with rust paint as necessary. The gaskets are available from Year One.

Stephen Wild

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...I think I'll tackle this job this coming weekend...I'll start it anyway, just like the other 12 things I have started.....J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.