Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to try and replace my heater core one day this weekend and I was wandering if I could just pull the inner wheel well off/out and get to all my bolts(on the heater housing)? It's a 67 I thought at first of pulling the hood and fender but got to looking at it and it looks like I can just do it with the wheel well out. Anyone changed one of these before?
Thanks Tom..

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL
67SS Yellow right now:(
Member #409

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Taking off just the inner fender should give plenty of room.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
WOW MAXX
dont go pullin body parts,I thought the same when I was gonna do mine,but I got the nuts of with the right tools,did it twice since then,you should be able to get them,try a socket with a u-joint,and the right extentions,I even think I went under the car to get a look,this is easy once the nuts are off,remove the glove box liner to have more room,allso remove the control cables,and of coarse the heater hoses,good luck--good new year---67RAT member #199

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had to get to mine and didn't have to remove the inner fender much less the outer one. But I have the plastic inner fenders. I had to remove a few of the bolts from the inner fender and it is flexible enough to move out of the way. I doubt that you'll be able to do that if you have the steel ones.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.