Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help, i recently purchased a engine wire harness from M&H electric for my 70 Chevelle SS, it has a 396 a/c tcs, auto and gauges,
My problem is , near the end of the harness is a 14 ga. orange wire, per the drawing and assembly build book this shows going to my hearter blower, BUT my heater blower has 2 wires a BLACK 14ga. and a PURPLE 14ga , these look like they come out of the A/C harness, whats up? what do i do now.
any help will be great! Thanks racer

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
racer

The dash harness and the engine harness both have the orange wire for the heater only application. If the car has A/C, as stated in the factory assembly manual. “Cut prod. “ORANGE” htr blo wire as close as possible to eng wrg harness” The orange wire is not needed or used. The purple wire is the power to the blower, the black is the ground.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU!!!! now all i have to do is put the rubber tube back on and plug in the purple wire, thanks again racer

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the exact setup, I know where the purple goes, but where does the black hook up?

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS396
402 BB, 400 turbo, 12 bolt, 4:10 gears.
TC# 1430
2002 Silverado HD, 3/4 ton. 6.0, 4 speed auto, 4.10 rear and 4 wheel peel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Elree, You have demonstrated exceptional knowledge in the electring dept. I have just purchased a 72 SS454 but none of the factory dash gauges are working, except the speedometer. When I looked at the fuse block I noticed the fuse was missing from the gauge slot. When I replaced this fuse (10a) the solinoid whould engage as soon as switch was turned on (before the start position). Somewhere there is a feed from the gauge circuit to the starter solinoid??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts