Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a heat shield/gasket for a '72 350. Checked Summit, & Jeggs,and cant find any other on line source. Any one have any leads where to look next? Thanks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you are looking to keep your carb cooler, use a phenolic carb spacer. Don't use the cheep black plastic one's. Use the wood and resin type. I made one for my turbocharged cb750. The carb was bolted to a short aluminum intake that bolted to the turbo. After running and then stopping, the carb was so hot !! I then used the phenolic material and what a difference ! Anyway JEGS sells them. Use the BARRY GRANT ones. :thumbsup:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...a=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1

·
Registered
306 Posts
The heat shield and the phenolic spacers actually have different purposes. While the phenolic spacer will keep some of the heat from transfering into the carburetor it does not offer any protection for the bowls and heat sink into them. That is where the heat shield comes in that it protects the bowls but both can be used together as well.

Not sure if they still offer them but a few years back I was able to buy the heat shields through GM as they made them as well.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need a heat shield for a two brl. carb. The above help was only for a four brl. Anybody have any other suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts