Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better for street use on small block new bow tie angle plug HP heads or trick flow style aluminum after market heads? both same price, this is for 350 we are building, not for fat motor car Thanx in advance L89SEDAN

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
these are 492 casting # heads, over the counter chevrolet factory hot rod heads , thought maybe this would make a diff, angle plug, 3 angle grind, 202-160 all stainless etc-etc, same on after market aluminum as far as grind and valves,price same on both, thanx again L89 SEDAN

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have Edelbrock aluminum heads on my 71 350, and I am very pleased. They are also about the same price as Trick Flows. Be aware of differences in combustion chamber sizes between different heads. The SR Torquers are a reasonable price iron head that can flow well with a little work. It's nice that we have a lot of choices for aftermarket parts, but I did a lot of research to figure out what I thought would work best for my car. Remember that the aluminum heads take about 40-50 pounds off the engine weight,which also helps the cars handling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was at SEMA this last week and Trick flow is coming out with a street replacement aluminum head. This one has all valves at 23 degrees, not tilted like the previous Trick flows. Anyway, the 23 degree head is supposed to be priced just about equal to a steel replacement head like SR torquers. Didn't get any price info or availability thought. The trick Flow folks said it should be priced just about equal to what it would cost to redo a set of steel heads with 202/160 valves and flow better. Not quite as HP as the regular Trick Flow, but cheaper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to also consider the new L31 Vortec heads that can be bought new from Scoggins- Dickey or other GM Performance parts dealer, they're supposed to outflow the old Bowtie race heads. Intake manifold bolt holes are not at an angle though. $226 apiece assembled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.