Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a pair of buckets I'm thinking about getting from him for my '66 convertible project... they are out of a '66 pontiac, and the passenger side reclines, but they also have headrests (which look very different from the common 69-72 headrests).

I know Chevy never offered the reclining seat, but I'm just curious if the head-rests were available on Chevelles.

I have a pair of seats he needs (69-72), and he has a pair I would like, but I know his are worth far more than mine. If the headrest was never offered by Chevy, I'll just tell him to ebay them, as they wouldn't look right in my '66. :)

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
I believe 67 was 1st year for headrests. Less than 2000 on a chevelle and less than 200 on a Nova.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
1966 was the first year for the "A" bodies to get the headrests as an option. They were a little more laid back than ther '68-'72 headrests that most of us are used to. I had a '66 Beaumont with them. Rather rare.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
A81 astro bucket seat head rest- 66 chevelle--2380 installed in 1966.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.