Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take it to a professional, I've heard horror stories, and I haven't tried mine yet, just an opinion, I'm not lazy, just stating what i've heard. Good luck

------------------
W.L. ALLEN
SSGT/USMC
SEMPER FI
1971 chevelle

·
Registered
825 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
That's the best I've seen on the subject. The paper binding clips look like they'll save all the potential horror stories of people who put the glue in too soon.

Thanks for the link. It's in my bookmarks now. I plan to do my headliner in the near future.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 06-21-02)

"Long Live Freedom!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #4556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
825 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjlandry:

Thanks for the link. It's in my bookmarks now. I plan to do my headliner in the near future.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been in mine for awhile I will be putting mine in soon so I have studied it a couple of times. Infact I may have to print it out to make sure I don't lose the info.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice link, thanks, I will be trying that..

------------------
W.L. ALLEN
SSGT/USMC
SEMPER FI
1971 chevelle

·
Registered
543 Posts
-pull the back window
-leave the headliner in the sun 3-4 hours
-start at the windshield work back
-use the right glue
-dont get glue on headliner or upholstery
-leave screws in for dome light & coat hooks so you can find places to cut holes

my experience has been, this is a real pain and hard to get right. I know how hard it is to get $180 bucks together, but it would be money well spent to have it done

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leeds:
[BI know how hard it is to get $180 bucks together, but it would be money well spent to have it done[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tips.

For me it's not about the money. I could pay someone to do it easily enough. It's about doing it for myself. No one else has layed a hand on my car yet, and they're not gonna start with the headliner unless I get crippled between now and the time I'm ready to do it.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 06-21-02)

"Long Live Freedom!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #4556
'68 El Camino

·
Premium Member
17,418 Posts
One thing I have learned...

If you have a shop install it, ask them first if you can supply it...

Most shops will also want to supply, and can use "your supplied part" as an excuse if something goes wrong...

I just had a convertible top done, and I supplied the top... Most shops wouldn't touch it, and the few that would all pretty much said no warrantee...

The shop that did the install... Very nice guy, and I know he put alot of time in, but I don't know if I'd go back... was it really the tops fault?

BTW, I now have a new convertible top that doesn't fit quite right

I am debating doing the headliner in my hardtop myself next spring/summer...

------------------

"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
The Chevelle
Dual Quad 396
Side View

1 - 10 of 10 Posts