Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is headliner and sail panels a difficult thing to do. Im a beginner so I really dont know what I am doing. should I take it to a professional.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Headliners are kinda ticky. It's not that expensive for an upholstery shop to do it for you. Might price it out before you decide to tackle it yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
i did mine a few years ago and never really got it fitted the way i wanted. this year i was having the seat recovered so i asked the upholstery shop to make a new headliner from scratch and install it. cost was just a little more than i paid for the original repro headliner and the fit up (and material) is waaay better. i can appreciate saving a buck but i would at least have a shop quote it for you. if you dont like the price you can still do it and if you take your time it will probably be just fine.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did mine on a 70 chevelle a month ago, first timer.I found that its not as hard as some make it out to be. I used the brush on glue. Spray on 3M scared me around my new paint. If you decide to do it yourself, get 4-5 boxes of binder clips, Large and medium. Make sure that you know which holes your bows came from and there is a certain order to them. Don't mess this up. Not saying that it wasn't a little frusrtating, but I did it myself, and it came out fine. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts