Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a shopin the chicagoland area that can install a headliner in my 70 chevelle fora fair honest price ,I live in AURORA IL. and I went to a localshoptoday and asked what he would charge to install my headliner we said $350 :eek:
YA RIGHT i told him that i have the headliner and the side ear muffs ,well that $350 was without the headliner that would be extra :eek:
so off i went :rolleyes:
HELL the interior is gutted and i have the windows out as of now so it should be a pice of cake for somebody

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
A local Chevelle owner was recently charged $175 by an upholstery shop (labor only) that did an excellent job.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
In 1997 I was charged $250.00, including the material. That included recovering/resewing the sunvisors.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Robert,

Let me guess...that estimate was from Lesco on S. Lake St., right?

Try Schober's Trim & Upholstery on Montgomery Road, 630.585.7912, or else Riggs Brothers in St. Charles, 630.443.1717

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try Creative Auto Tops and Interiors in Oswego, 554-2192. I had him pull down my new headliner half way and reinstall. He charged $75. I don't know what he'd charge for the whole headliner.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS GUYS
well the guy in ST Charles wants $500
and the guy in Montgomery whats $300 so i called the guy in Oswego and he said $250-275 well that sound a hell of alot better plus he said that he would install my vinyl top for $200
and yes the first shop i went to was Lesco
well i thought LESCO WAS HIGH PRICE TILL I TALKED TO THE TOOL :D in St Charles $500 to install a headliner!! that better come with case of beer and two hookers

·
Registered
767 Posts
I also don't want to put out that amount of cash to have mine installed,I was quoted $250.00. I already have the headliner and the muffs. I pull in a headliner in my (sorry)Dodge Challenger a few years ago and got a pretty good result, had a few small wrinkles at first but after a few weeks of hot weather they disappeared. I have done alot of searches online and have read up on the install,I am going to do mine this week in my 66.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I finished installing my headliner last Sunday and it took me about eight hours. I had a few wrinkles but I let the car set out in the HOT sun (106')and it is really looking good. I guess I saved $250.00, I am taking myselk out to a good dinner!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts