Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to complete the restoration of a 1965 chevelle. I don't have the greatest eyes in the world and would like to upgrade my current headlights. I have only been able to find a kit from Sylvania that is about $400. Does any know of a more affordable option.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
VERY IMPORTANT WEBSITE IN THE WORKS CONCERNING THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT SO-CALLED HEADLIGHT UPGRADES AND KITS. Please be patient.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, I'll tell ya.

I have that sylvania Xenarc kit in my 65 Chevelle. VERY nice set of headlights. When I first put them in the beam pattern sucked. It turns out that sylvania had recently corrected the problem and they sent me new housings at no charge. This made a HUGE difference. They light up the road very well, and draw very little power. I bought the kit over a year ago, and they were more expensive then they are now. I drive alot at night so I felt the cost justified itself.

In my 65 El camino, I have a set of Autopal housings, and some hella h4 bulbs. I set this up to all be powered through 2 relays. It works very well. Not as well as my xenarcs, but, much much better than stock. Also, get bulbs with clear lenses, do't get the blue coated ones that are 10 bucks a pair at the store. They put out terrible light.

They key to it though is alignment. I had both systems aligned at a shop. That is the only way to go, none of this garage door stuff. It only cost me 10 bucks to have them align the lights. Well worth the money.

Tim

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
pretty nice velle. how much did that auto one cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts