Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, my headlights on my 73 Malibu won't come on. The marker and parking lights are fine, and the headlights worked a month ago.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I'd first check to see if there is 12 volts to the headlight sockets. You should be able to remove the left bulb socket off the bulb from under the hood. If you don't have it, it's a little harder to chase back. Post back with the results.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My lights refused to come on as well as few years back. What I did was to remove the headlight switch and open it up. This was of course after tracing all the wires and jiggling them, to no avail. Inside the switch, a contact somehow worked out of it's nitch due to the plastic cracking around it. A little crazy glue and back in business.

------------------
Joe G.
ChicagoChevelle68
Any car past 1972 is just simply transportation, really!

·
Registered
51 Posts
} would find the headlight relay. test for the presence of the controll volace (light switch controlled). If there is power there, then check the headlight circuit. The relay may be burned out.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted6555:
} would find the headlight relay. test for the presence of the controll volace (light switch controlled). If there is power there, then check the headlight circuit. The relay may be burned out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good suggestion but Chevy was too cheap to use a headlight relay. Might be in the high/low switch or the headlight switch or someplace else. Best to trace backwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turned out it was a bad ground behind the pass. side AND driver's side. When i fixed the pass. side, that side is also brighter now.

Thanks for all the replies! Someone want to explain how to run down why my fuel gauge isn't working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts