Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to forget to turn off the light sometimes, so I'd like to hook up a warning buzzer that will go off if headlights are on and ignition is off. Maybe trick it out and hook it up to the door as well. It's not difficult to design (I have done it in a couple of cars), and I have found several diagrams on the Internet, but I also remember seeing a kit somewere (JC Whitney, I believe). It said that you don't need to cut into the wiring, so I guess it hooks up to the fuse block. Of course, now when I want to get it, I can't find it. Does anyone know where to get these?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that thread a while ago, looks similar to what I did in my Nova. Still, it will require cutting some wires, removing the kick panel etc. My idea was to use the "ign" and "lts" terminals, and make the buzzer come on if lights are on and ignition off. It's more primitive, but can be hooked up in minutes. I guess that's how that kit works.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Look for the 3M headlight buzzer kit or the Liteminder kit. Walmart usually carries the headlight buzzer kit, or you can order the Liteminder from JCWhitney for about $10.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had almost forgotten that post. :) Anyway, I happened to find the solution at a GM parts dealer a while ago. It was a simple buzzer that hooks up to the fuse box, paid $10, installed in 2 minutes. Genuine GM part, made in Mexico. :D I still have the part number somewhere, if anyone needs one.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for this and it has saved my battery several times. Didn't know that even Walmart would carry them. :cool:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the GM part number for those who need it: 999373, "headlight warning package".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts