Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some previous posts on this subject and it seems it may be a case of "it is what it is" It drives me insane that my passenger side headlights are not centered in the bezels. Drivers side is fine.

Do I need to just live with it or is there a fix?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
The answer is very simple: The punch / outs in the stock core supports are not quite correct and do NOT match the assembled front end, So ,,,When I see a 70 Chevelle like both of mine . I call it the " Cross Eyed " look.
My " Cross Eyed " one owner LS-5 Car has " A/C " with the VO-1 Cooling. ( core support ) March built Balt.
My " Cross Eyed " driver is a Feb. built Balt. car with " A/C and the VO-1 Cooling ( Core Support )
It could be some VO-1 core supports ( A/C cars or H.D. cooling cars are stamped wrong.) My thinking is,,,,, Chevrolet has a Gazillion core supports stamped, The quality control folks said " It aint that bad ".
So, Chevrolet is the bottom of the barrel in the G.M. line. Some of us notice this. YES, I have thought of moving the core support headlight buckets over about 1/8" so the headlights look perfect. That aint gonna happen ! :surprise:
So you must look ":nerd:" at the BRIGHT SIDE.
With a cross eyed core support, Most of us will know ( Cock/Eyed headlights) Org. core support it came with the car.:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer is very simple: The punch / outs in the stock core supports are not quite correct and do NOT match the assembled front end, So ,,,When I see a 70 Chevelle like both of mine . I call it the " Cross Eyed " look.
My " Cross Eyed " one owner LS-5 Car has " A/C " with the VO-1 Cooling. ( core support ) March built Balt.
My " Cross Eyed " driver is a Feb. built Balt. car with " A/C and the VO-1 Cooling ( Core Support )
It could be some VO-1 core supports ( A/C cars or H.D. cooling cars are stamped wrong.) My thinking is,,,,, Chevrolet has a Gazillion core supports stamped, The quality control folks said " It aint that bad ".
So, Chevrolet is the bottom of the barrel in the G.M. line. Some of us notice this. YES, I have thought of moving the core support headlight buckets over about 1/8" so the headlights look perfect. That aint gonna happen ! :surprise:
So you must look ":nerd:" at the BRIGHT SIDE.
With a cross eyed core support, Most of us will know ( Cock/Eyed headlights) Org. core support it came with the car.:thumbsup:
Bob
LOL...she is cock-eyed all right. I guess my OCD gets the best of me:D.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The fix would be to disassemble the front end, cut the cord support on the pass side between radiator and headlights and lengthen it slightly. Then repaint it, reassemble. Seems ridiculous, but I would probably do it if it bothered me that much.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fix would be to disassemble the front end, cut the cord support on the pass side between radiator and headlights and lengthen it slightly. Then repaint it, reassemble. Seems ridiculous, but I would probably do it if it bothered me that much.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Yep I figured that was about the only solution...don't see all that happening.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My car is cross eyed on the drivers side. All original parts here also. I took two headlight buckets and cut them in half and offset welded them together. Looks a lot better now! Did you look for the A, B, C, D, on the headlight buckets?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car is cross eyed on the drivers side. All original parts here also. I took two headlight buckets and cut them in half and offset welded them together. Looks a lot better now! Did you look for the A, B, C, D, on the headlight buckets?

I did not..where would that be?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I did not..where would that be?
It should be stamped on the very top of the headlight bucket. Drivers side outside headlight should be A. Drivers inside should be B. Passengers inside C. Passengers outside D.
Mine were in the correct positions and still looked terrible.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should be stamped on the very top of the headlight bucket. Drivers side outside headlight should be A. Drivers inside should be B. Passengers inside C. Passengers outside D.
Mine were in the correct positions and still looked terrible.

I will go out an take a look

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just checked...mine are A,B, C,C. No D

The one C is in the proper spot and still looks like poop :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts