Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I've had this 67 SS396 Chevelle for 10 years and not had this before. It began last Fall with my headlights intermittently going OUT completely when I'd hit the dimmer switch ... oops! Now the dims do not come on at all ... but the brights are fine. I've checked connections, etc., around the lamps. I'm thinking it could be the dimmer switch itself, or the wiring between it and the headlights. There is no current at the headlight on the dim circuit. Again, the brights are all 4 just fine. Any guidance will be most welcome! I bet others have had this very same issue if I'm having it too, finally.

Regards, JB

·
Administrator
16,203 Posts
Check the voltage in and out of the dimmer switch. This will determine if it is the switch or the wiring after. It is possible both of the filaments in the outer lights are toast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Lo and Behold..... I pulled the carpet back and found the wiring clip was off on 1 side and working loose! Easy fix.

More importantly I found these forums and archives, etc..... what a great resource! Cheers to all you'se guys...heheh.

JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts