Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't know of a kit right off hand, but you can buy halogen bulbs that directly replace the original sealed beam headlamps. The halogens have the same size, shape, look, and terminal pattern as the original sealed beam bulbs but the light comes from a small quartz halogen lamp sealed inside the outer glass envelope.

·
Administrator
3,355 Posts
Living in bambi country we decided a long time ago that original T3's were not worth having a deer on the hood. We are using the halogen lights, (without the replaceable bulbs) but have used all styles. If you want to use the high outputs a relay is required as they draw more voltage than the stock GM circuit breaker - I found this out the hard way when the lights went out one night at warp 7...

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Yes, there is a kit that can install a "complex reflector" lamp with replaceable halogen bulbs. I think they are made by an outfit called "truck lite". Try looking for wiringconnections.com or some site like that to check pricing. These are the same lamps that some of the new highway tractors are using. They comply with both USA and Canadian regulations according to what I have read.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
As someone said, the easiest is to buy halogen sealed beams. They look almost original but are much brighter.

I used them and wired the lights through realays. My original wiring only delivered between 9-10v to the headlights. If you use 2 relays 1 for High 1 for low and take the power from the horn relay or battery then the OE wireing is used to switch they relay. I now have 14v at the headlights. They function and look original, but work great and wiring is a snap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts