Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a headlight conversion for the 5" round headlights used in a 66 chevelle. I know APC makes one but it uses a H4 Bulb and those are hi/low bulbs. I'm looking for one that would use like a 9005 for the lows and 9006's for the highs.

·
Premium Member
17,401 Posts
Do you mean a conversion for using replacable bulbs?

I used to have some on my old Chevelle years ago... I got them from a motorcycle accessory supplier (I forget the brand name, but maybe Cibie). Fit my 66 and ran 100W/55W hi-beams (I think they were 100W)... Illegally bright for street use ("Off-Road Use Only"), and after a minute or two on highbeams, they would start to flicker and I'd have to switch them off or burn wiring (never got around to using relays)... I am pretty sure I had all 4 lights (low and Hi/Low)

I have no idea, what the style of bulb was...

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
What are you looking for? Halogens? If so every parts store in the country carries stock incandescent to halogen replacement sealed beam headlights. No modifications necessary. Old headlights out and halogens in their place. I have used them on several cars over the years. They work fine. Both lo and hi beams are available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts