Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 68 307 the ps pump and the alternator both bolt on to the exhaust manifold. when I put the engine back in, I want to put on headers. where am i going to bolt this stuff to?

Thanks

------------------
68 Chevelle Malibu four door - under construction.

Tubbed 68 Chevelle something. One day a race car.

·
Registered
514 Posts
They make a couple of brackets that should work with your 307. Look at the different ways people mount their alternators, You dont have to use the exhaust maniflod bracket. If you can't find something from the boneyard make something. When i put my alternator on it would bolt to the manifold so I supported the rear and used the upper front bracket as an adjustment arm. And remeber if all else fails march makes all kinds of really nice brackets, they just cost as nice as they look…

------------------
1970 chevelle
406 - TH-350 - soon to be 411's
engine
Interior

"I didn't get pulled over for going over the speed limit, i got pulled over for getting there faster than anyone else"

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I put headders on my 4x4 the ps had one mount on the manifold. I just made a spacer for that mount. I just cut a peice of pipe the same lenght as the thickness of the exst manifold and that the bolt for the exhaust manifold just passes through. Not pretty but it got the job done. Can you fab something up for the ps and alt?

Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.