Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have dart iron eagle platinum heads. 215cc runners. I just realized that my 1 5/8" headers seem to be smaller then the ports. (I cant measure exactly because the headers are still in the car while other engine is being built). Also they are round tubes and the heads a squareish. I measured the outside of tubes, and the seem to stretch diagonally on the square perfect, so the inside diameter must overlap alittle bit. Think this will be a problem?

·
Administrator
17,143 Posts
Yes ,could be a problem.
You really want the header flange/tube to be larger at the port to prevent reversion.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I just ground mine to fit better. Squared up the hole a little and they worked just fine, if 417 rwhp from a 327 is just fine....

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just ground mine to fit better. Squared up the hole a little and they worked just fine, if 417 rwhp from a 327 is just fine....
I did that too, but... after a year, the headers are falling apart. I have 1 bad leak and several small leaks, the tubes are cracking off the flanges.
Headers are junk, will be ordering new 1 3/4" tube headers soon.

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Give us a run down on cam, compression and head runner size along with valve size and compression, you may be ok to go with 1 3/4"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts