Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the old headers on my big-block '68 Chevelle. I've tried Hooker Competition headers, but they hang way too low. I've just about given up on a good 2" header for my 502, so I'll settle for anything that fits really well with good ground clearance. Any suggestions?

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey I just finished a 69 396 resto for a guy and I used a new set of 2in primary and 3 1/2 in collector headders from DynoMax and they look and fit great

·
Registered
13,015 Posts
Get a set of Dynomax from Summit. They are ceramic coated, $199. and that IS a good deal! I have 2 sets, 1 BB, 1 sm bk in 71 and 70 cars. Perfect.

------------------

·
Registered
204 Posts
Anyone know the part # on these dynomax headers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The paperwork I found shows the Dynomax part number as 929. I believe these headers were discontinued about the time I purchased them in 1999. The headers fit really well.

I suggest you contact Dynomax at 734-384-7806 to see if they offer this header now.

If you're set on a 2" header and can't get the Dynomax, then try Hedman Hedders part number 65002. If they still make this header, it looked like it would fit almost as good as the Dynomax. Good luck.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I too have the same clearence issue on my 69 BB w/manual trans, and Hooker Super Comps. I will look into the Dynomax & Hedman. If there are any other thoughts out there, I would greatly appreciate them as well, Thanks,
Garry
PS: Looking for some sunshine here in Oregon,so I can enjoy this new 69 !!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hello chevelle fans, can anyone tell me if raising the engine is necessary to install Hedman 1 3/4 long headers? Just bought a set # 68198 elites.Or will they go in from under the car on a lift? Any help would be greatly appreciated, do not have ability to raise engine. Oh ya my car is a 1972 402BB auto trans. Thanks in advance :confused: :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.