Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some input on the best fitting and performing headers for a 66 chevelle big block w/ power steering 4 speed non air car. Would hooker comps be best? Has anyone heard anything about the new flow tech tri Y headers? Hedmans? Also will any brand of roller rockers fit under the stock valve covers? I've heard some will if the gaskets are doubled up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave,

I have a the same set up on my 66 & I have a set of Headmans on there right now. I did have to lift the motor up on the driver's side to put that header on, but other than that they fit great. The pass side went right on without any problems. I haven't talked with anyone running those headers you spoke of, but have seen some adds for them. They look cool & I'm curious to hear how they work out.

Good Luck,
Jake
Tubby's Drive In www.ecsi.net/homedir/jake

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 05-25-99).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a couple of questions. Do you know what size your primary tubes are? I'd like to stay around 1 7/8 or 2". The motor is pretty healthy but this is not going to be a fulltime racecar. How about ease of oil filter and starter removal. I'm going to convert to a spin-on because those canisters can be a pain. I checked out the Tubby's site. It is GREAT! That movie is second only to American Grafitti in my book. Also my wife and kids are heading to Akron from here in D.C. this weekend to visit family. I'll tell her honk the horn when she goes by Canfield. One more thing if you haven't been, try to check out the cruise at Wink's in Barberton (there's another one but I can't remember). When I've been there's been lots of cars and a live band. Pretty nice. Thanks again, Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.