Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 chevelle convertible with air conditioning. Running a small block with straight plug heads. Changing the exhaust, probably going to buy a dual stainless kit from summit with a balancing chamber. Looking to change the headers because they are really tight to get the plugs in. Pretty sure the ones that are there now are made by a Holly commpany. Anybody got any advice on good set on headers with better plug clearance with my air conditioning application? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,450 Posts
I generally see good comments on Heddman headers. I have a good fit with mine.
Use shorty spark plugs if you aren't already, to get a little more room for installation and plug wires.
Long style headers have ground clearance issues, shorty style don't. Hooker seems to have more mentions of trouble with ground clearance than others, but that may be because they sell a lot of headers and more people have issues.
Not sure how the factory a.c. affects plug clearance with the headers???

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually with air cars you want as much clearance as possible between the header and the air conditioning box holding the evaporator as you do not want to pick up heat from the header into your a/c system. Thanks for the tip on the shorty plug, i will definitely try them out the next set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.