Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am installing a set of DynoMax headers on my small block.I have a ? on using high-temp copper silicone. Where so I apply the bead of silicone? The exhaust port side of the header gasket? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
461 Posts
Paul, This is strictly my opinion based on what I have been thru in the last 18 months with my Dynomax headers on a SBC 350. Have tried every gasket in the world: The ones that came with the headers, Mr Gasket Ultra seal, and Mr Gasket Copper, none worked because of misalignment between the headers and the head. Finally went to NAPA and bought their stock SBC gaskets ($7) made by Victor-Reinz and have had no problems for the last 6 months. They are 3 piece per side and all you have to do is loosen the header bolts and slide them in there. Even If mine blew tomorrow I would not have any problem going with them again as it only takes 10 minutes per side to change and then tighten them cold once a week for 2-3 weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.