Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read some posts that included Sanderson Headers. What would you guys say about these headers compared to Hooker Super Comps? I'm just trying to find out all I can before I purchase a set and regret it. It's for my 70 Chevelle, 383 small block. I want to get a good-quality header, ceramic coated, and not have to worry about fit. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Did some research awhile back although I haven't bought yet. I've decided on the Sanderson cast iron headers, QP-1200's. They look really cool and they don't have alot of the inherent problems of steel. It seems that unless you are racing and are going for every last "enth" of performance the Sanderson, or for that matter, all headers are close enough in performance I suspect the normal Joe wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one another. I know I'll get an argument and I know you can tell the difference between stock manifolds and headers, but I think you'd have to be pretty keen to tell the difference between brands. I'm sure how you have your engine set up makes alot of difference but I'm primarily speaking of a relatively stock engine.
Just my opinion.

www.Jeffry72.50megs.com

·
Registered
299 Posts
First you can't compare Sanderson's to Hooker, Hooker headers are supposed to be an equal length primary tube header that is used in performance and racing applacitions,Hookers use to be real good headers, but they don't make them like they used to anymore. Sanderson's are more of a street rod header, engine swap header, not really a performance header, more like tubular manifolds. I bougth Sanderson block huggers for my 69 SS 396 Chevelle,I was very disapointed in their quality (junk).
You mite look at Headman Hedders, they are supposed to be good quality and fit well.
Gene

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
With any given header you may run into clearance problems. Headers are mass produced pieces of tubing, which if off by only a small amount will cause clearance problems. No manufacturer will produce a header that fits all the time, however, you are likely to find a better fitting header with a medium size tubing that does not have equal length runners. As with any header, I would purchase non coated test fit them and send them out to get coated. Good luck with you choice.

Steve R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.