Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the bucket seats back for my 70 Chevelle back from the reupholster. The seats were put together from all re-pop material, frames, springs, cushions, covers, seat tracks, and head rests. When I picked up the seats I noticed he installed the thumb release buttons for the head rests facing inward. When I asked him about it, he said that was the way they were originally installed.

I am not sure but I think he might be wrong. I am considering turning them around so the release buttons face outward. Anybody care to run out to their garage and check out their bucked seats head rests for me and let me know how they are really suppose to be mounted, thumb releases inboard or outboard.

Thanks
DBH

·
Registered
261 Posts
the release clip on the headrest chrome
is a 2 way unit.
some cars came with the push button
on the inside, some came with the
push button on the
outside.
just look at your headrest (poles)\that slide down thru the backrests.
you will see notches on one side or the other of the "poles" that slip thru the backrest.

those are the "stops" that use the said buttons!
if the notches are on the inside of the headrest poles ,then
the push buttons go on the outside
if the notches are on the outside , then the push buttons go on the inside.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys:

Now that I read your answers to my post I am really embarrassed. I checked out the posts on the head rests as you said and guess what, there’s only one way to mount the release buttons.

In the future I guess I need to do more investigation before I go to the forum for help.

Thanks for taking the time to put me in the right direction.

DBH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts