Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be in wrong area, can someone steer me in the right directions, I have a 69 chevelle, and want to put a light cover, yellow, red, blue, in my center two lights, I like the red ones, but I can't find them anywhere...just looking for some covers? or anything close to change out from the clear color, thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
This might be in wrong area, can someone steer me in the right directions, I have a 69 chevelle, and want to put a light cover, yellow, red, blue, in my center two lights, I like the red ones, but I can't find them anywhere...just looking for some covers? or anything close to change out from the clear color, thanks in advance
https://www.chevelles.com/forums/gtsearch.php?q=colored head lights
scroll down and review some of these threads about similar items;
i have yellow fog lights installed;
i'm in one of the threads>:)

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
It might be wise to check your local laws on colored headlights before you get a ticket. It may be o.k. but I suspect their are specific laws for that sort of thing. Maybe they are legal until the moment you switch your lights on, or maybe if a cop sees them you are going to get a ticket. Lots of people put colored covers over their license plates, only to find out that is a no-no.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I put the amber fogs in my 70. Got them at car quest. #4412A I believe. They don’t plug in like stock, there are two screw terminals on the back.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think they were a sealed beam headlight, I thought they were only like a amber cover

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,924 Posts
I had green front turn signals on a 76 T/A (green paint job and painter :beers: beautiful job though) and got a ticket, only emergency vehicles can have anything but clear or amber, in Fl. anyway

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had green front turn signals on a 76 T/A (green paint job and painter :beers: beautiful job though) and got a ticket, only emergency vehicles can have anything but clear or amber, in Fl. anyway
I believe that is across all states.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts