Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a H-4 conversion. Where can I find the terminal connectors for the original bulbs to upgrade the wiring? After 32 years the brass is pretty well weathered, plus I am planning on using 12awg wire. (I cannot believe the size of the original ground wire) Does any body know what wattage that I should get the high/lows? (i.e., 65/65 w or 100/80w?).

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Try the GM dealer. If you find one with a good parts person they can get them. You can also try NAPA. They carry a bunch of connector ends but they didn't have wide enough ones for the lights when I checked but maybe they can get them. They had the ones for the connection to the rear wiring flat cable running under the carpet.

I think that stock low beams are 55W and the high beams are 2x35W bulbs so the 65W would be an OK choice. If you're going to increase the wattage then you need to install relays since the factory wiring is barely adequate for the stock bulbs installed. It sounds like you already know this but just wanted to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts