Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
That was insane.
That's the problem with not running wheelie bars and getting it up on the bumper. Let off too much and destroy the front end, Not enough and "crunch"

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
maybe there oughta be an I.Q. test in the driver test or something.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
The don't call that place the "House of Hook" for no reason ;) My car will consistently run quicker at that track than anywhere else I race due to the starting line. Glad the driver was ok, but boy was that stupid.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
The don't call that place the "House of Hook" for no reason ;) My car will consistently run quicker at that track than anywhere else I race due to the starting line. Glad the driver was ok, but boy was that stupid.
He stayed with it a little too long, didn't he? My son says that you can feel if it's going to keep going up and equates it to riding a four wheeler but after watching that a second time he got back in the throttle and that always causes problems. At that point you've already lost the race so why not back out before hurting the car.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That was hard for me to watch that,,, About three hours ago, a young man didn't get out of his Red Mustang. That was here at Hub City Dragway, Hattiesburg MS. Sorry,, It's really get'n to me right now :( .

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It sounds like he peddled it a few times, just not long enough. If I was on the bumper I wouldn't want to just lift and have it come crashing down. Looks like he tried to let it down easy and I just stayed up. Hard to tell though.

If you watch that a few times you can hear he lifted before it was even on the bumper and it still went up higher.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
ahh, it's not ruined, just got a few bald spots. new roof fix it right up. :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
flymansteve (1 day ago)
No great loss. Mustangs are a dime a dozen.
That was from youtube comments. im going to give it a ROFL and so true since the guy is ok. That was very entertaining as well. I felt sorry for the lady shooting/observing the video she was very upset.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
On second thought looks like maybe he got back in it to try and ease it down saving the run/car. I dont have the right to speculate since i have never made a pass in anything that would remotely do that. Maybe he should consider running a full size car and stay away from the 12 foot long domestic imports.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That was from youtube comments. im going to give it a ROFL and so true since the guy is ok. That was very entertaining as well. I felt sorry for the lady shooting/observing the video she was very upset.
it's true, those mustangs are great racers. Cheap, light, and it's not uncommon to see them with chevy power. lol
A reason why everybody and there mama shows up with one on that pink show.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
On second thought looks like maybe he got back in it to try and ease it down saving the run/car. I dont have the right to speculate since i have never made a pass in anything that would remotely do that. Maybe he should consider running a full size car and stay away from the 12 foot long domestic imports.
I don't know about that Dom. ;)

I saw that video of your Camaro when you got it going. Your car sounds like it wants to do the quarter on two wheels. :D

John

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
it's true, those mustangs are great racers. Cheap, light, and it's not uncommon to see them with chevy power. lol
A reason why everybody and there mama shows up with one on that pink show.
Yea that pinks all out episode, where the black i think it was lx dookie car was pulling the wheels hard. That was a BBC 555 i think he races at Prescott, AR. my cousin knows him and the combo ill have to ask him again.

I don't know about that Dom.

I saw that video of your Camaro when you got it going. Your car sounds like it wants to do the quarter on two wheels.
We will find out next month. Got the new tranny built and plan to drop in a quality 4500 stall ( the one in it now is less than 3500 ) to launch it closer to its TQ peak. Maybe once the suspension is tuned out and with a swap to slicks i might be able to get some "Wheel to Ground" separation. LOL

Shawn

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Glad he was OK. On the flip side I see this all the time. "The Never Lift Club" Better to lift and race another day then to destroy a car or worse.:sad:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Makes me wish I was 20 again! YEEEE! HAAAAHHH!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts