Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

my hazard lights wont turn on. nor will my speedo dash lights work.
I think the circuit fuse is working because the dome light turns on when opening the passanger door (however, maybe a related problem is that the dome light will NOT turn on when opening the drivers door)YET the dome light works when turning the headlight pull switch.

Any suggestions on fixing this electrical problems?

I looked for the Hazard flasher (round can) switch but can't find it to see if it is bad. I did find the turn signal (round can)switch and it works. Where is the Hazard flasher (round can) switch? ;)

thanks alot guys
Ryan
from El Paso
915 497 5869

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS, I feel really dumb. I just went out to look at my 1976 camaro and in the fuse panel was the flasher signal canister(round can)...So, I took it out of the camaro and put it into the Chevlle and "magic", it worked. That is twice that the camaro has helped my find and fix the problem in the Chevelle. (So I guess 1976 Camaros and 1970 Chevelles aren't too different after all.) Opinions welcome.
Bye From El Paso TX

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
All the door switches do is provide a ground path for the dome light bulb. You need to remove the original one from the driver door and clean the contact or replace it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I replaced the switch and the dome light gets turned on properly.

Great now my hazards work with the new part and my dome light.

This is a great Forum.

Sincerely, Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts