Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some interesting questions for you wiring gurus out there: I just received a hazard flasher unit for my 65. It is the Signal Stat type that mounts under the dash and was installed by the dealer. My original one (which I foolishly threw away) had a mess of wires that were spliced into the steering column harness using electrical tape (and I wondered why there were tons of melted wires under the dash). I replaced the column wiring when I restored the car. The flasher unit that I just got has the correct connectors on it. There are 4: One orange lead with a single female and single male connector on it, two semi circular male connectors, and one semi circular female connector. Where do all these hook up? Does anyone have a copy of the original instructions that came with these units? My final question: The "new" unit has a rectangular plug in flasher, and I remember that the one that I threw away had a round one. Which one is correct?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
JIM N
please do not post a question in but one forum. Your hazard flasher question (electrical) should have only been in this forum. The moderators do not like double posts (not me). But Jim, don't hestiate to ask again. You might be able to answer one of my questions in the future. Good luck on the 65.

Team Member #765El Camino
355ci. 700r4 4wheel diskbrakes auburn posi, elec. windows, remote review mirror.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I double posted because I thought the question fit in both catagories. I posted in the restoration forum to find out if the plug in flasher was the original type. I posted here for the wiring question. I actually got both answers from the resto forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts