Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning a resto on my 67 Malibu SS. I phoned an ad for a rear end and wound up buying a 67 El Camino from the guy. I couldn't resist. 396, 350HP, air, AM/FM, TH400, consol, buckets, PS, PB with all numbers matching. Now I've got a real problem (besides storage). I don't know which one to finish first!! I have become a certifiable "nut" in 8 short months.
Harvey

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Harvey -

I've gotten on the wife's bad side by buying 3 cars in the last 14 months - I still have all of them. I just can't pass on a good car. Things should ease up a bit when the Mustang sells this spring...then I should be in the market to buy again!

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yup been there done that. I was over at my sons house last night. He has 68 torn down to rebuild the front end and it's all over the garage. What I went over for was to look at the 64 ElCamino he bought from a neighbor. No motor BUT: El Camino Custom, very straight body, absolutely NO rust. Originally a red car with V8 and overdrive tranny. Every trim peice there and restorable. New seat covers, door panels and headliner. He got it for a song: who could resist.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Kinda.... I bought a bone stock 1991 5.0 Mustang to kick a little butt on the street. I promised I would never use slicks, a carbuerator, race gas, roll bar or get rid of the A/C etc. Well the drag racing bug hit and 1 year later the Stang was gone for a BB 72 Chevelle that runs 11.50's. I thought "OK, I've got the BB, I refuse to make it a race car though. " Well, today I have a new trailer, am getting a frame off resto , buying a new Super Duty diesel F250, building a two story garage with a lift and am going to make the car run 8.99 in the 1/4. I have totally gone off the deep end. I've come a long way from the bone stock 5.0.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Everyone who reads these posts suffers from the same illness..there is no such thing as too many cars, parts, magazines, anything auto related. CAR NUTS is what we are! I took my wife to a swap meet last year to "sell" off some of the herd and bought an El Camino for parts on the way to the mens room! She had the same look in her eyes, you know, like a deer in the headlights!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.