Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
last week I bought a 67 SS. I have been working on a 67 malibu since 99 trying to do a frame off. Now I have the car I really want and I need to cut off the roof on the malibu and weld it on to the new SS. Have any of you done this to a 67? Can you give some advice? I am an Aircraft Mechanic so, I know how to do sheetmetal. Also one more question, If given a choice would you go with a M-21 4 spd. or a Th400 auto? I guess I will have to have a funeral for the malibu for giving it's life so that others may live!

------------------
Thanks In Advance!
John Corbin Member #313
67' Chevelle Malibu(Someday)
, NOT I will have a funeral for the Mailbu as a organ donor for my new 67SS396!!!!!!
Deltona, Florida
E-mail anytime,If I can help I will do my very best!

[This message has been edited by John Corbin (edited 05-05-2001).]

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
When cutting the roof off the donor car, always cut the roof sail and door post close to the bottom, below the factory seam. You can always trim it to fit your car later. When cutting the old roof off of your car, cut the roof sail and door posts as close to the top as possible.

BEFORE cutting your old roof off, you need to take measurements of the window channels. Body shops call it taking "X" measurements. You're measuring the upper side of the left window channel across to the lower side of the right window channel. When installing the new roof, you want to achieve the same measurements with the new roof. This is why you leave as much of the door posts and roof sails on the donor roof as possible, and why you leave as much of your original posts and roof sail on your car as possible. You'll have more than enough material to trim so you can make it fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.