Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Re: Has anyone up-dated thier U.S. passport lately?

I went to the passport office and got it in a few hours. I'm told it takes ten days (ish) through the mail.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts

Last week there was a lady set up with a table in the lobby of the post office helping people with passports. There was a line of Mexicans all the way out to the parking lot for some reason!:confused:

·
Registered
603 Posts

i got mine renewed last feb through our local post office, the appointment took about 15min. i got my new passport in the mail in about a month

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

passport ??? why ??? I can't afford the fuel to get any farther then Mexico ......

AN I sure as H#LL an't going there !!!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts

I did mine in March/April. I had to send everything to Philadelphia from Wyoming because we don't have the offices here to do it locally. They said it would take 4-6 weeks.

I filled out the form, included 2 pictures, my old passport, and enclosed a check in the amount the form stated was required. About 2 weeks went by and it all came back to me kind of shoved into in a big envelope with a letter saying that the price had gone up $8 in between the time I'd gotten the form and when I'd mailed everything in. :rolleyes:

So, I went back to the court house, got the new form, filled it all out again, wrote a new check, and mailed everything off. About 3 weeks went by and my new passport arrived. The old one came in the mail the next day, voided, and ready for the junk box for keepsakes. Only the US Government would waste the extra time, effort, and money to ship 2 packages instead of sending it all in one. :noway:

I'm just glad it is something you only have to do every 10 years.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Just got new ones for my three kids. Did it at the post office in Aransas Pass, Texas. Got them back in the mail 7 days later...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

I applied for a new passport (my old one had expired) for a business trip that was going to take me outside the country. I decided to get my kids their passports at the same time since they would probably need them with all the new regulations. Because mine was for work, I expedited (paid the extra $40) mine, and just let the kid's go the normal route. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off when my kid's passports showed up before mine! My advice, don't waste your money on the "expedited" service unless you are really in a bind for time and think the passport office will actually push your application through the system any faster.

Dave

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts

I'm curious too...mine expires in Nov and I know I'll need it a few times before then. Can't afford to have it tied up.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just got ours this past Feb. Turned the form in at the Post Office and my wife's came in about three weeks, mine about five for some reason. $96 each.

Danny

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Don't want foreigners in our country & I don't want to go to theirs, so I don't have one.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Don't want foreigners in our country & I don't want to go to theirs, so I don't have one.
You live in International Falls, MN and have never been to Canada?? :confused:
FYI...Any plans to do so in the future will require a passport.

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Yea I've been there but if I don't get a passport I won't have to go again.
Never have spent much time over there, hockey game once in awhile that's enough for me.
If I had a DUI I really wouldn't have to go to Canada, because they won't let you in then.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You can pay extra money and do the express version.The turn it around in a week or so I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts