Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a '66 Chevelle with a center console (shifter delete)AND a colunm shifter? I was wondering if this was an option offered by Chevy as I just replaced my bench seat with buckets and now have alot of dead space in between the seats. I would like to have an original looking console, but don't want to go through the hassle of changing over the speedo cluster, sterring column, linkage etc. Was a modified shifter delete console ever offered? Thanx in advance for your help!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've taken every opportunity for the last 20 years to study the '66 & '67's and have never seen a bare console in either year. I don't have the books to back it and never say never but don't hold your breath.
I've converted a '94 Caprice (state patrol) to an Imposter SS and would like to find a nice bare console from a '94 or '95 Impala. I'm sure this would also look trick in your '66 Chevelle.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I never heard of one for Chevelles but wanted to let you know that the full size Chevy's of about '63 or so did have this option. It's quite rare though.

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Check out my website:
Bobs 409 Chevy Page

Looking for Chevelle or Impala parts? Click here:
Chevelle parts for sale

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
I would have to say the answer is NO.. remember the Console and Bucket seats were "Options" in the 66 Chevelle. One could certainly have ordered a 66 with buckets and no console, but there is no shifter delete console. Gotta agree, probably some dead space there, but not sure what you can do short of a big fluffy pillow

Mike

------------------
MY 66 SS.COM
ORIGINAL RESTORED.COM
ACES # 1493
TEAM # 751
MCC # 501

1 - 4 of 4 Posts