Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm almost finished my 71's resto, I'm down to some hard to finds.. anyone know where to get this stuff? I've been riding the coat tails of the 70's until now..

1. 3 way blower switch for non-AC car.
2. 2 speed hidden windshield wiper switch
3. 71 headlight switch knob
4. Radio knob
5. 71 TCS parts these were different I'm told.
6. cigarette lighter assy and knob.

anybody have any secret hard to finds for a 71 I'm not aware of and need to be on the look out for?

thanks,

------------------
Jody Sirmans
71 SS454
ACES

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Jody
No offense but most of this stuff is still around if you are not looking for NOS.
Good luck on the TCS solenoid. Not seen many of these in junkyards. Still don't know what some guys call a "hidden wiper switch". I have hidden wipers on my 72 and the switch doesn't make them hide. Have an extra wiper switch if you come up hurting. This source may have all that stuff NOS or used. www.true-connections.com
He has restored Chevelles for years and can tell you what's out there if he doesn't having hiding in the back.
John

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I bought a '71 instrument panel for the odd parts and I think that I have the light switch knob. I know I have the 2 radio knobs, but not the tone control knob; in fact I have a working AM radio with these knobs. Pretty sure that the wiper switch is still there. The cigarette lighter socket is there, but not the element. Let me have day to go find the stuff and email me if you want a deal on it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK maybe I can learn something here. I have always thought there was a different switch for the hidden vs the non. Maybe its just the wiper motor being different? heh? I guess I think this because all the repro cats seem to point this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.