Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys running ? Just got my new exhaust set up and had 2 o2 sensor bungs welded up in each collector extension right before my “h” pipes (about 16 to 18 inches back from collector I realize I may not need both sides but was being thorough and you never know what else I might add. What do u guys recommend dual sensor? Single? What brand of gauge is tried and true for the best tuning experience? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Below is what I posted in another thread. It also depends on what you want for looks (light color and or digital vs analog). I run Dakota Digital gauges in white LED light so the PROSPORTS match. I run one for each side but isn't needed. I have true duals and the ratios have remained extremely close. The other good part about having the bung in both sides is if later you want EFI and can still run a standalone gauge.

Wideband O2's are always expensive. Glow shift is going to be the cheapest 'name brand'. I had one and didn't like it as it looked plain and cheap to me. I wanted something to match my Dakota Digital gauges. They do come with the Bosch 4.9 LSU Wideband Oxygen Sensor and I wouldn't buy one that didn't have a Bosch. Great color choices.

I then ran a PROSPORT EVO (standard) for $190. Much better digital display and available in 4 colors. PROSPORT EVO

I then switched to the PROSPORT PRIEMIUM EVO for $210. Same 4 colors. This is what I'm running in all the cars. PROSPORT PREMIUM EVO

All Evo gauges can be daisy chained together for powering multiple gauges, and have outputs for DATA Logging. After that the O2s gauges get expensive.

Mike

Reactions: Samson68

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm running a Glowshift 10 color gauge, and I run it in a color to match my Dakota Digital gauges. I've had good success with it, and it has data logging outputs.

They also make a single gauge that has two sensors, so if you want just a single gauge to run both of yours it would be this:

Glowshift periodically has 10%, 15% and 20% off sales.

Note I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy customer (to this point at least.)

Reactions: Samson68

·
Registered
281 Posts
Auto meter ultra light Digital . Works good. I read alot of bad reviews about other brands so I went with a brand I know.

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
1,807 Posts
I'm running dual AEM gauges.

Reason I got them, they were highly reviewed and not as expensive as the others, found them cheapest on amazon.

I was running them as my primary narrow band sensors for a while. These offer outputs/readouts that you can change depending on how you want to receive the data.

You can also flip the face of the gauge to change the look, white/black/silver.

Mine has a bad connection on the right gauge in one of the yellow LEDs, been meaning to get in there and check the solder joint, just not high on the priority list. These are 3 years / 17 k miles old.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm taking mine off. They will drive you crazy. I find myself looking at it all the time and thinking how I can get it better.... :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought the AEM X series.... super easy to set up and get using.... I found that I can jet much easier...

I did weld in my bungs about 6" back from my collector, but I run 3" pipe with cut-outs 24" back from the header and remaining exhaust to axle dumps.

This is the unit from Jegs, I think I got mine from Summit as it is about the same price..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Get something that at the very least is capable of datalogging O2 and RPM.

if you have ever looked at a data log you can see how looking at a gauge does not come close to painting a picture of what is actually happening.

I have had great luck with my LM2 and Zeitronics is another good brand with logging capabilites.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I've used AEM wideband for years and had no issues. Also data logged it last season. Easy to configure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I did look at the aem the reason I’m leaning toward that is I noticed it has a dual function ie for boost as well am I reading this wrong? In like 3 yrs I am pulling my 460 out and it’s getting the treatment as well as a procharger can I utilize the aem setup for logging rpm boost and A/F in one shot? I have limited real estate in my cluster housing but can pull out the original boost gauge in favor of a 2 1/16 spot that’s where I’d like it to land I gotta go to an appointment right now but am gunna look up the aem part u guys posted when I get back

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also I’d like to note about the sensors themselves I have just a standard bung not sure of the size but does the aem have like regular Bosch o2 sensors I can’t really put an oddball big ole sensor in and would like them easily available at the local parts store

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
All the sensors are the same, Bosch & NTK are the main ones,,, have the same 18mm x 1.5 thread

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Checkout the Innovate DLG-1 for a dual WB O2 sensor; I have their PSB-1 so I can see MAP in addition to AFR and it's a very good WB O2 sensor.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I bought a Holley Sniper efi system (but it's not installed yet) but I think there's an a/f gauge already built in the Sniper's control panel... So I guess I won'y have to buy a separate gauge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Checkout the Innovate DLG-1 for a dual WB O2 sensor; I have their PSB-1 so I can see MAP in addition to AFR and it's a very good WB O2 sensor.
I saw that one as well so it looked like a big rectangle box is that something you like pig into it at the end or do I lug it around w me in my car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought a Holley Sniper efi system (but it's not installed yet) but I think there's an a/f gauge already built in the Sniper's control panel... So I guess I won'y have to buy a separate gauge.
My original idea was efi and procharger at the end of the day but may stay carbureted at the moment . Lucky you 🙃

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I have an older Innovate LM1 that allows me to see the AFR live, but it can also datalog another 4 or 5 sensor inputs. I like it because I can use it to get a carb dialed in, then pull it out and put it back in its box. I use it as a tool, not a full time gauge.

Devin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts