Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 69 Chevelle Convertable and in the last month put it on an Elcamino frame (after we shortened it). I replacing the doors and I am having trouble getting them hung even and staight. I am an absolute noveice so please keep it simple.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am currently doing this to my 72 Elky and first you need the fenders off to access the bolts to adjust it left & right, up & down. I also find its easier with the weatherstripping off the door and the door striker off. I adjust left & right, up & down first, then the in & out adjustment with the hinge to door bolts. I also got tired of taking my fenders off to re-adjust my doors, so I sacrificed a ratchet and fabed a tool that can reach the cowl to hinge bolts with the fender on. There is also a excellent article written by Wes Vann on the Tech Reference pages on hanging doors and fenders. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited 01-29-99).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Snap On makes a wrench the is specific for the job. I don't have the part # but any Snap On dealer should have one. Probably one of the slickest single use tools I've ever used.
Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Snap On makes a wrench that is specific for the job. I don't have the part # but any Snap On dealer should have one. Probably one of the slickest single use tools I've ever used.
Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ragtop on a Camino frame-scary. You may have flexing problems, paint getting nicked around the deck lid corners and around the doors, etc. I have both caminos & ragtops, the frames are not the same. Sorry for the news, but if you really want a nice car you might want to keep looking for a convertible frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.