Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
67 Camino custom ive had since 94
Less than 90 miles on a 12 yr frame off. Hasnt been started in 2 yrs
Health, finances, legal issues debt is rediculous. "I should"...but dont wanna.
EVery square inch is brand new, underside super clean and detailed. Went overboard mechanically its overbuilt. Wont rust in my lifetime.
But....unless seen in person its just another white hot rod to most. Not a SS BB or "rare collector".
Knew going in Id sink a fortune in it and didnt care. It was about the result thats all.

2 yrs ago just fishing I got one legit offer for 25k cash meaning the guy actually had it.
Rest bitched about it not having ac, ls, bad mpg 15" wheels etc. Typical tirekicker chiseler stuff.
Wont hurt my feelings with your opinioin. 18k (carb to pan) solid toller 385 new built GM T56 stout 12 bolt all the good stuff that youd hope for. Lots of details I felt to eliminate noises, bangs rattles etc.

All wires fasteners, lines, green glass I mean everything is brand new. Skipped nothing
Sound clip...overcast day out of focus as usual. You get the idea

Attachments

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
wow i really like this
my first car was a 67 el camino though
i think it is worth much more to you than you can get $$ for
i would hope that you could sell it for 22-28K :)

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,876 Posts
I have health issues too that have made me not drive my car much the last three years. I'm not rich but I don't need the money bad enough to make me want to sell it. I went thru this car and made it into what it is figuring it was going to be my last old car. I know what I have and what's been done to it and it still puts a smile on my face to just see it in the garage. Even if I sold it the price would seem high to some but at today's prices it would be a bargain compared to what others are asking for their cars. I know you wanted to get a high price for your Camino a few years back but it just dosen't seem like they draw the dollars. The price you were offered I think you could do a little better on but we have to come to the realization were not going to get what we put into them. If you don't think you'll miss it I would say set a reasonable price in your mind and if that buyer comes along let it go. It does seem like a real nice Camino but you have to get that special person to buy it. Good Luck no matter what you decide.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I built this so it hopefully never needed to be redone again..I knew if I sold Id lose huge.All it really needs to drive is an afternoon or 2 spent on it but my back is a joke. I dread it...
$ isi tighter than ever but refuse to see this as a rolling bank account, if you do they just disappear and have yet to hang on to the $. Not sure if Id be ok with just a stock daily El....or another C3/4..fun cruisers but really Id feel like I had one nut with under 300hp

People either hate white/red or love it, I think not built to todays trends may or may not hurt price.
The star of this is the drivetrain in a plain wrapper that was the idea. Kinda

Think if the area was better Id have put more miles on it.
Know 2 people in this valley and they rarely get out.

Not sure where a realistic starting price is on something like this.
Excess spent on a neat but not rare car.

Friend with that 71 I want just helped sel his friends black/red 65. All stock, 283 gorgeous high quality resto...He was happy to get 31k. Dealer he sold it to will probably put vintage AC on it some rims and ask 45

·
Registered
Ryan
1,269 Posts
You can get more. Especially being in SoCal

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks...sometimes it seems outdated as theres so many better newer parts out.

Have a tough time trying to get pictures that really shows off how straight it is and the amount of "wet look". Think that drives people away. Maybe an SS or Z/28 grille emblem! :rolleyes: :eek:

would you believe when I stripped the body I filled almost 3, 5 gallon buckets up completely with bondo? Couldnt even find a reference point....I freaked out as I already put my 1st motor and trans in...never EVER buy a car in primer. Oh well at least there was only 1 teeny rust spot in the windshield channel nothing more.

Updated the Ermine white to Dupont base white which is a dead ringer (lil better) than GM Summit white, original red inside switched to coca cola red...pops but just right. Not loud.

Any suggestions to give more appeal other than the smugglers box cover?
Woodgrain decal and redo tailgate trim? Emblems? Not sure ac and heat is worth it. Who drives these in 112 degree heat? Or pouring rain (except me)?

Boombox and 24" black wheels with 6" long bullet shaped lugs?

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you can’t drive it sell it. Do you have a lot of documentation on your work?

I don’t know the value on elco’s but all classics going for a lot. Toss it on Bring A Trailer with a starting bid as low as you would accept.

If you can show true nut and bolt restoration I think 35-50k could be realized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, 427 BBC, M-23 4 Speed, 12 Bolt Eaton Posi
117 Posts
That is a really nice Elco, That’s worth a hellauva lot of money I’d keep it if you could, or price it to sell at what you want don’t take a lose it’s not worth it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The fact that the car hasn't been started for the past two years tells me all I need to know...you have simply lost interest in the vehicle. Sorry for being so blunt. The fact that you have health and money issues, along with the disinterest in the car makes it a no brainer IMO. SELL THE DAMN CAR. That being said, it's a gorgeous El Camino, and worth substantially more than the 25k you were offered 2 years ago. Classic car prices have gone thru the roof the past couple of years as I'm sure you're well aware of. A 40k-45k car easily IMO - maybe a tad more...

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Examples of what they sell for

I would post it on BAT with a reserve and see what happens (if you really want to sell it). Stay away from e-bay, Craigslist etc.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Friend with that 71 I want just helped sell his friends black/red 65. All stock, 283 gorgeous high quality resto...He was happy to get 31k. Dealer he sold it to will probably put vintage AC on it some rims and ask 45
A full on restomod can't barely fetch 45k. While Elky's have gone up a bit, they are still way underpriced relative to 2 dr sedans. Good news, bad news I guess. Given all that, it is a GORGEOUS car and very near a "full on restomod" and therefore maybe near that figure I laid out there, imho. HVAC aint but 2K so I wouldn't spend it to sell the car.

W_A_G s

I NEED to sell it. 30-32 K ( let us know, although we'd hate STEALING from a brother)

I'd like to sell it 33-40K - the right buyer, its a BEAUTIFUL ride. Its LOOKS like California by gum!

and I hope my WAGS are low!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Your El Camino is a great car, please do not take this the wrong way, but I'm not seeing top dollar, aka $40K - $45K. The little things matter, like;

Not only does the car not have A/C, it also has no heater, and therefore also no defog/defrost, which is an issue in any rainy or damp conditions,

Steering column is a column shift column with the shifter removed but the holes still there, etc. These details are inconsistent with "everything top notch, no expense spared", etc.

·
Registered
14,841 Posts
fix anything lacking, submit it to barretts Scottsdale and see what the guys with big bucks thinks it's worth. jim

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I'd ask $42,500 and expect high 30's. I can be there tomorrow with 25k cash in hand :D .

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Ron, sorry to see you selling this. I remember when we dropped the body back on it. Your car is absolutely gorgeous.

It would be a bitchin driver with a milder engine. Any way you can sell the current enine off and put a milder SBC in it and drive it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts