Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance is due on the velle. Due to current conditions I first thought of not renewing the insurance on it at all until the economic and personal conditions improve for me, but given how my life has been going the damn garage would fall in on it or someone would steal it as soon as it wasn't covered, so I started doing some shopping. Besides, it truly is the only thing that got me out of the house this summer, well up until a water pump failure mid summer. I have had Hagerty for over 10 years, never have filed a claim of anything. No accidents, tickets, etc... I drove the car less than a 1000 miles in 2008 and less than 200 miles this year. I went out on line and looked at Grundy. According to their quick and dirty on-line price quote I can get the agreed on value I am currently carrying with the same 300k coll and comp for a little more than one half of what I have been paying with Hargerty. That just doesn't sound right does it? So, anyone have Grundy? Any comments input etc?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rick,
I'm in the same boat as you, getting ready to renew. The only problem I have is I don't think Grundy will do a Pro Street car, actually quite a few don't. So like you I have to do some searching also.
Jody

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Rick have you checked with Hagerty about covering the damage caused by the fan? Can't hurt to ask! Good luck and hang in there. Pete

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I didn't ask about the pump/rad/fan. I kind of figured it was "an act of god" so I didn't. Also, in my experience, unless it is a big number I don't run to the insurance company every time something happens. I've got a flex fan on it with no shroud at this point. As long as I don't sit I'm OK until I get back on me feet and can afford to do it right or until I track down some good used stuff at a reasonable price.

Ifigured it probably wasn't worth the trouble or the raised rate afterwords to turn it in. In fact other than the family's regular heath care when we had coverage I've filed claims for the wife's medical and death last year; two operations in 07 and her accident back in 94. And I had to fight them all three times. They would never admit it but I'm convinced her then employer down sized her after she returned to work because of the insurance claim and resulting mess we got into after her operations in 07. Other than those I have not filed an insurance claim all these years. I have given insurance companies a whole lot more money than they have ever given me over the last 40 years. :mad:

I will give your guy a call and see what he has to say.

thanks guys.

rick

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Interesting question, I am looking to get insurance on the chevelle as its been garaged/non-op for the last 3 years, but now its ready to get back on the road! I'm shocked by the prices of collector insurance, they are for sure cheaper than my standard coverage, and my wife and I both have clean records!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the tip on Alex guys. Great guy, saved me a 100 bucks. Appreciate it.

rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts