Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was advised to check Hagerty Insurance for prices on insurance on my 69 El Camino. Can't believe the prices... My daddy once told me when something sounds too good to be true it probably is. Have any of you had any experience with Hagerty, if so what kind of experience good... bad... I'm anxious to hear.
Thanx,
Doug

·
Premium Member
312 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm also in the process of getting insurance on a 70SS conv. They provide agreed value for 100% replacement; $165/yr for $20K car. I would think the cost is low because of the limited driving restrictions. I had Great American at one time and the premiums were about the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Haggarty, but I've never made a claim. Howevre just last week my friend Dan (names are real!) had his original '57 Chevy Bel Air "Fuelie" car sandwiched by some goof while he was sitting at a stoplight. The car had been appraised at $45,000. Because the car was so special Dan took the car to the best restoration body shop in town, got an estimate for $17,000 and Haggarty cut him a check for the full $17K within 2 weeks.

This is a true story, not an internet fairy tale. Anyone with a legit question is welcome to call me at work, 818 222 6725.

Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.